When the prayer altar begins to decay, power begins to escape.
SCRIPTURE: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; Ephesians 6:18
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The hour of prayer is the hour of power.
There are two things that happen in the human body without ceasing: the beating of the heart and the breathing in and out of air, except in death.
This is the same way prayer and fasting should be to the believer. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says, pray without ceasing. This means, pray like you breathe; pray unceasingly like your heart beats. The meaning is: prayer, just like faith, is the livewire of the saint.
Now, why is this so? I will give you two reasons:
1. Prayer and fasting is doorway to the supernatural.
In Acts 3:1, it was at the hour of prayer that Peter and John encountered a crippled man who was lame from his mother’s womb. Power was applied on the man and the spirit of paralysis was instantly electrocuted and he was healed. The hour of prayer is the hour of power. Supernatural power answers to the key of prayer. Every decadence in prayer results in a bankruptcy of power. When the prayer altar begins to decay, power begins to escape.
2. Prayer and fasting is the principal tool for the nullification of the agenda of hell against the church. Matthew 16:18 says, I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail; which means the gates of hell will always attempt, the only thing is that they cannot prevail. And it does not prevail because of the force of prayer (Acts 4:29-33).
Now, what are the keys to effective praying and fasting?
1. Maintaining a private, personal praying and fasting schedule.
It is called a consecrational prayer and fast. Peter did this in Acts 10:9-10 and then God opened doors for him.
2. Participating in corporate praying and fasting.
This is joining forces with the brethren to pray (Acts 12:5). It is good to pray on your own but it is important to pray with the saints. These two must be combined together to produce very dangerous effect against the powers of hell.
REMEMBER THIS: The hour of prayer is the hour of power.
1. Pray always; that is, without ceasing
2. Endeavour to have a fasting schedule to include fasting at least once in a week
PRAYER: Lord, I consecrate my life totally to You. I make demands on the mantle of intercession and the grace for supplication. I receive it Lord, in Jesus’ Name.
FOR FURTHER UNDERSTANDING, GET THIS MESSAGE: THE NECESSITY OF MAINTAINING THE PRAYER ALTAR
QUOTE: You must travail in the closet in order to prevail in public. Culled from PRINCIPLES AND POWER OF PRAYER by Dr Paul Enenche
DAILY BIBLE READING: Psalm 22-24
AMAZING FACT: Ostriches have the largest eyes of any land animal.
PROPHETIC WORD/DECLARATION: Receive a robe of intercessory praying in Jesus’ Name. Every garment of lukewarmness and prayerlessness is set on fire in Jesus’ Name.