MEMORIZE: Love not sleep, lest thou come to poverty; open thine eyes, and thou shalt be satisfied with bread. Proverbs 20:13
BIBLE READING 2 KINGS 4:8-17
8. And it fell on a day, that Elisha passed to Shunem, where was a great woman; and she constrained him to eat bread. And so it was, that as oft as he passed by, he turned in thither to eat bread.
9. And she said unto her husband, Behold now, I perceive that this is an holy man of God, which passeth by us continually.
10. Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither.
11. And it fell on a day, that he came thither, and he turned into the chamber, and lay there.
12. And he said to Gehazi his servant, Call this Shunammite. And when he had called her, she stood before him.
13. And he said unto him, Say now unto her, Behold, thou hast been careful for us with all this care; what is to be done for thee? wouldst thou be spoken for to the king, or to the captain of the host? And she answered, I dwell among mine own people.
14. And he said, What then is to be done for her? And Gehazi answered, Verily she hath no child, and her husband is old.
15. And he said, Call her. And when he had called her, she stood in the door.
16. And he said, About this season, according to the time of life, thou shalt embrace a son. And she said, Nay, my lord, thou man of God, do not lie unto thine handmaid.
17. And the woman conceived, and bare a son at that season that Elisha had said unto her, according to the time of life.
An individual can be blinded to what can destroy him. The fellow can also be blinded to good things that are coming towards him.
One secret of those who are outstanding is their ability to identify opportunities when they come.
Opportunities are the raw materials that must be processed in order to get to your ultimate destination. As long as you do not take advantage of opportunities, destiny.
There are opportunities all around you, you just you can never fulfil your have to be wise and balert to see and take advantage of them. Your link with the man of God provides you opportunities.
In 2 Kings 4:8-17 , the Shunammite woman had a great opportunity lurking around her through her link with Elisha. For so long, she did’nt see that link as an opportunity, but the moment she did and took advantage of it, her barrenness vanished.
Do you know that if you can combine all your material, spiritual and intellectual assets, you will have the opportunities to get wealth, excel and be outstanding?.
What do you have? You can use what you have to get what you are in need of or desire.
Ask God to open your eyes to the opportunities around you today.
THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSING
1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Saviour above.
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need;
Mercy drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.
2. There shall be showers of blessing-
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord!
Grant to us now a refreshing;
Come, and now honor Thy Word.
4.There shall be showers of blessing;
O that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
If we let God have His way.