And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet. Mark 11:13
BIBLE READING MARK 11:12-14
12. And on the morrow, when they were come from Bethany, he was hungry:
13. And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.
14. And Jesus answered and said unto it, No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever. And his disciples heard it.
There is a lot of danger in being fake.
As written in todays Bible reading, it was
not the season for the fig tree to bear fruit,
but it presented itself otherwise.
Jesus cursed it not for being without fruit, but for pretending to be with fruit.
Many teenagers can be likened to this fig tree today.
There are things you desire to have (e.g. latest computer game) and you feel ashamed not having them yet you decide to deceive people into thinking you already have them.
The day you are discovered, you will be
Just like that fig tree, all the blossoming you were doing around will stop and you will suddenly become extra gentle, practically dry like the tree.
Stop being fake. Let everyone know you for who you are.
If they dont like who you are, then they are not meant to be your friends.
Won’t you rather have friends who like the real you than friends you have to pretend to so that they can remain your friends?.
The devil is the father of liars (John 8:44 ).
Don’t be one of his children.
Do friends and classmates know the real
IS YOUR LIFE A CHANNEL OF BLESSING?
1. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Is the love of God
flowing through you?
Are you telling the lost of the Saviour?
Are you ready His service to do?
Make me a channel of blessing today,
Make me a channel of blessing, I pray;
My life possessing, my service blessing,
Make me a channel of blessing today.
2. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Are you burdened for
those that are lost?
Have you urged upon
those who are straying,
The Saviour who died on the cross?
3. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Is it daily telling for Him?
Have you spoken the word of salvation
To those who are dying in sin?
4. We cannot be channels of blessing
If our lives are not free from all sins;
We will barriers be and a hindrance
To those we are trying to win.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 11 MAY 2020 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: 2 KINGS 1:1-18,2 KINGS 2:1-25 ,2 KINGS 3:1-27, JOHN 3:22-36